How to Get Emergency Food at R’Pantry
You have options:
- Visit R’Pantry in person at Costo Hall 110, located on the ground floor of Costo Hall. Check facebook.com/ucrpantry for the most up-to-date walk-in hours (including grad-student-only hours).
- Both undergrad and graduate students are welcome to attend our General Distributions. Please note that hours for general and grad student distributions may change quarterly.
- Email us for an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Give us a call at (951) 827-9355
General/All Student* Distribution times (FALL 2019):
Tuesdays: 9 am-12 pm
Thursdays: 12:30 pm-3:30 pm
*Please note that any graduate, professional, and undergraduate students are all welcome to come to general distribution times
Graduate Student Only Distribution (FALL 2019):
Wednesdays 4 pm-7 pm
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can get food?
Any student experiencing food insecurity can access R'Pantry during walk-in hours or get individualized help by emailing us at email@example.com for an appointment.
What happens when I visit?
- First, you sign in at our check-in station with your ID.
- Next, you choose your items. You are allocated 10 "points" to use as currency during your visit. Most items are one point. You may use your points to choose up to eight food items and two personal care items. (Special items such as fresh produce and baby food do not require points.)
- Then, you’ll go to our checkout station where the R’Pantry staff will help you count your points and remind you of workshops and special programs (such as our box top collection program).
How often can I get food at R’Pantry?
You may visit R'Pantry once a week via any of our walk-in hours or by appointment.
When is R’Pantry open?
Check facebook.com/ucrpantry for the most up-to-date walk-in hours (including grad-student-only hours).
Hours are also listed on this page.
What exactly is R’Pantry?
R’Pantry is the UC Riverside food pantry. It was created as a direct response to student need for more resources to fight food insecurity. Food insecurity is the limited or uncertain availability of nutritionally adequate and safe foods, or the ability to acquire such foods in a socially acceptable manner.
R’ Pantry aims to:
Provide emergency food to UC Riverside students experiencing food insecurity
Connect students to on- and off-campus food resources
- Improve the health and well-being of students through a variety of programs and workshops
R’Pantry is part of the campuswide food security program and is a partnership among Associated Students of UCR (ASUCR), the Division of Student Affairs, Feeding America and the UC Global Food Initiative.