Team FRESH welcome you to our campus closure living page. We understand that the impact of the campus closure and recent events have greatly affected everyone’s daily lives and their basic needs. Although campus is closed until further notice, we are committed to continuing our services to our campus community. This guide is designed to educate our campus community on local resources we need during these times of uncertainty.
R'Pantry will remain open by APPOINTMENT ONLY, appointments limited to 1 visit per week https://rpantry.youcanbook.me
- Face Masks and Student IDs are required
How to Get Emergency Food at R’Pantry
You have options:
- Fall 2020, R'Pantry will temporarily be located at The Highlander Union Building room 269 by appointment only. Check facebook.com/ucrpantry and @basicneeds for the most up-to-date information.
- In Collaboration with TAPS, parking instructions will be provided upon creation of an appointment
- Appointment must be made here: https://rpantry.youcanbook.me/
- Students must wear a facemask per requirement of the State of California
- Students must wash or sanitize their hands upon entering HUB 269.
- Students have 10 minutes to shop
- Students have 20 points to shop with
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can get food?
What happens when I visit?
- First, set up an appointment at https://rpantry.youcanbook.me/
- Next, check-in at HUB 269 with your student ID to pick up your pre-made bag. Masks required
- Bags can include rice, pasta, sauces, a variety of cans, assorted snacks, produce and more. For hygiene and student parent items, please ask a staff member for support
How often can I get food at R’Pantry?
You may visit once per week by appointment.
- When is R’Pantry open?
What exactly is R’Pantry?
R’Pantry is the UC Riverside food pantry. It was created as a direct response to student need for more resources to fight food insecurity. Food insecurity is the limited or uncertain availability of nutritionally adequate and safe foods, or the ability to acquire such foods in a socially acceptable manner.
R’ Pantry aims to:
Provide emergency food to UC Riverside students experiencing food insecurity
Connect students to on- and off-campus food resources
- Improve the health and well-being of students through a variety of programs and workshops
R’Pantry is part of the campuswide food security program and is a partnership among Associated Students of UCR (ASUCR), the Division of Student Affairs, Feeding America and the UC Global Food Initiative.