Short-Term Emergency Housing Program provides undergraduate and graduate students with temporary housing if they are experiencing housing displacement or homelessness. Our goal is to ensure our students' safety and provide them with adequate time to acquire permanent and secure housing. Placement is subject to space availability and individual student circumstances.
When to Seek Emergency Housing
If you are:
- Unhoused due to extenuating circumstances
- At high risk of homelessness or eviction
- Displaced due to unsafe living conditions
- Couch surfing
- Living in your car
- Living on the street
How to Request/Get Emergency Housing
- To Request Emergency Housing please fill out our self-referral form here and only select "Emergency Housing Support- Basic Needs". Once complete, You will be contacted through your UCR email to schedule an appointment with the Housing Specialist. Please allow 24 hours for response.
- Please view our Basic Needs Resource Guide for other resources on and off campus.
- Assistance will be available from now to 12/21/2023.
Emergency Housing Eligibility
You are eligible if you are a currently enrolled UCR undergraduate or graduate student, who is at least enrolled as a part-time student for the current term. Priority will be given to full-time students.
We are only able to provide short term emergency housing depending on availability.