COVID-19 Update: R'Pantry will remain open by APPOINTMENT ONLY​​, appointments limited to 1 visit per week.

Student Affairs departments are open for full or partial in-person services this fall. Please check the Student Affairs homepage for hours, service offerings, and contact methods. For the latest campus reopening plans, safety guidelines, and requirements, visit Campus Return.

Economic Crisis Response Team

Economic Crisis Response Team (ECRT) is a cross-campus collaboration led by the Basic Needs Department with representatives from Financial Aid, Housing, Case Management, and Student Business Services, serving both undergraduate and graduate students.

When to Seek Help from ECRT

  • If you are experiencing an urgent financial need related to rent, utilities, WiFi, food, or phone expenses.
  • If you need food but do not have enough money to buy groceries.
  • If you are struggling to find a safe, stable place to sleep (e.g., living in your car, temporarily staying with friends or family, or living on the street).

How to Request Services from ECRT

Eligibility Criteria (Updated Winter 2022)

  • To receive an emergency financial grant for basic needs, you must be a UCR student enrolled in the current term.
  • Must be able to demonstrate an urgent financial need with supporting documentation.*


*Supporting Documentation Examples
  • Copy of lease, rental agreement, or mortgage statement (if rent is split between roommates, please indicate your portion of the rent in your application and submit documentation of your payment only).
  • Bank statement or Venmo screenshot showing payment history (to landlord or friend/family for rent, etc.).
  • Eviction notice
  • Copy of bills or past-due notices.
  • Letter or email from landlord about past-due balance.
  • Any document that shows proof of the amount of your rent.


Note: If you are unsure of what documentation to submit, please contact before submitting your application.