When to Seek Help from ECRT
- If you are experiencing an urgent financial need related to rent, utilities, WiFi, food, or phone expenses.
- If you need food but do not have enough money to buy groceries.
- If you are struggling to find a safe, stable place to sleep (e.g., living in your car, temporarily staying with friends or family, or living on the street).
How to Request Services from ECRT
- To apply, fill out our ECRT Application
- The ECRT application is currently closed for Summer quarter 2022. Applications for fall will open soon.
- If questions, please email the Basic Needs Department at firstname.lastname@example.org; Subject line: ECRT.
- For further questions regarding your Financial Aid Award, visit Financial Aid.
Eligibility Criteria (Updated Summer 2022)
- A UCR student enrolled in the current term.
- Be able to demonstrate an urgent financial need with supporting documentation.*
- Have a fafsa application on file with financial aid (unless you are an international student).
- Receiving a grant is not guaranteed.
- First time applicants will receive priority.
- It can take up to 30 days from date of application submission to receive grant.
- Not fully answering the application questions and/or providing sufficient documentation will delay review process.
*Supporting Documentation Examples
- Copy of lease, rental agreement, or mortgage statement (if rent is split between roommates, please indicate your portion of the rent in your application and submit documentation of your payment only).
- Bank statement or Venmo screenshot showing payment history (to landlord or friend/family for rent, etc.).
- Eviction notice
- Copy of bills or past-due notices.
- Letter or email from landlord about past-due balance.
- Any document that shows proof of the amount of your rent.
Note: If you are unsure of what documentation to submit, please contact email@example.com with "ECRT" as the subject before submitting your application.