When to Seek Help from ECRT
- If you are experiencing an urgent financial need.
- If you need food but do not have enough money to buy groceries.
- If you are struggling to find a safe, stable place to sleep (e.g., living in your car, temporarily staying with friends or family, or living on the street).
How to Request Services from ECRT
- Fill out this form. (Summer 2021 applications open on June 21, 2021 and close August 20, 2021 at 5pm. Fall 2021 applications open September 20, 2021 and close December 3, 2021 at 5pm. Due to a high volume of applications, please allow up to 4 weeks for a final determination on your case. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.)
- Visit Financial Aid for additional emergency fund resources.
Eligibility Criteria (Updated Summer 2021)
- To receive grocery card support or emergency housing, you must be an enrolled or continuing UCR undergraduate or graduate student.
- To receive an emergency financial grant for basic needs, you must be a UCR student enrolled in the current term.
- Must be able to demonstrate an urgent financial need with supporting documentation.*
*Supporting Documentation Examples
- Copy of lease, rental agreement, or mortgage statement (if rent is split between roommates, please indicate your portion of the rent in your application and submit documentation of your payment only).
- Bank statement or Venmo screenshot showing payment history (to landlord or friend/family for rent, etc.).
- Eviction notice
- Copy of bills or past-due notices.
- Letter or email from landlord about past-due balance.
- Any document that shows proof of the amount of your rent.
Note: If you are unsure of what documentation to submit, please contact email@example.com before submitting your application.