Economic Crisis Response Team (ECRT)

  • Are you experiencing an urgent financial need?
  • Are you in need of food but do not have enough money to buy groceries?
  • Are you struggling to find a safe, stable place to sleep? (living in your car, temporarily staying with friends or family, living on the street)

Eligibility Criteria (Updated Winter 2021)

  • To receive grocery card support or emergency housing, you must be an enrolled or continuing UCR undergraduate or graduate student
  • To receive an emergency financial grant for basic needs, you must be a UCR student enrolled in the current term (Winter 2021)
  • Be able to demonstrate an urgent financial need with supporting documentation

Examples of supporting documentation 

  • Copy of lease, rental agreement, or mortgage statement (if rent is split between roommates, please indicate your portion of the rent in your application and submit documentation of your payment only) 
  • Bank statement or Venmo screenshot showing payment history (to landlord or friend/family for rent, etc.)
  • Eviction notice
  • Copy of bills or past-due notices
  • Letter or email from landlord about past-due balance
  • Any document that shows proof of the amount of your rent
  • If you are unsure of what documentation to submit, please contact before submitting your application 

The Economic Crisis Response Team is a cross-campus collaboration with representatives from Financial Aid, Housing, Case Management, Student Business Services, and The Well. For questions contact Due to a high volume of applications, please allow up to 4 weeks for a final determination on your case. 

Graduate and undergraduate students can request assistance for a financial, food, or housing crisis using the form button below. For additional emergency fund resources please visit




Resources for COVID Rent Support

  • City of Riverside Rental Assistance Program

    The City of Riverside’s Rental Assistance Program assists with up to three months of past due rent to eligible income households that have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Eligibility requirements are as follows: 

    • You must live inside City of Riverside city limits (does not include 92509 zip code) 

    • You must be in immediate danger of eviction and provide an eviction or pay or quit notice 

    • This program only covers back rent; it will not pay for future or current rent payments 

    • You must provide documentation that your loss of income is COVID-19 related - no exceptions 

    • You must provide current income information for the last 30 days and meet the income requirement that is based on your combined household income that can't exceed 80% of Adjusted Median Income (AMI) for Riverside County. 

    • Apply here 

  • The Fair Housing Council of Riverside County

    The Fair Housing Council of Riverside County is partnering with the City of Riverside to help households at risk of eviction due to the COVID-19 crisis. We can pay up to three full months of past-due rent, and the money does not have to be paid back. 

    Rental Assistance Application Requirements 

    1. You must live inside City of Riverside city limits 

    2. You must be behind on your rent 

    3. You must provide documentation that your loss of income is COVID-19 related 

    4. You must provide current income information for the last 30 days and meet the income requirement based on this period (combined household income can’t exceed 80% of Adjusted Median Income for Riverside County) 

    5. Your landlord/property manager must verify your past due amount and the payment will be sent directly to your landlord/property manager.

    Apply here 

  • Riverside County Rental Relief Program

    Riverside County Rental Relief Program “United Lift” Provides one-time support in rental assistance for past due rent, up to $3,500 per household. Payment is made directly to landlord. Applications open every month through November, for a period of 10 days Apply online at

  • SoCal Edison Bill Assistance Programs

    SoCal Edison is temporarily suspending service disconnections and waiving late fees by request.  If you are having trouble paying your bill, contact our SCE Customer Contact Center to talk about a payment extension or arrangement.

    More information here

  • Riverside Utility Payment Assistance -Community Action Partnership

    Community Action Partnership of Riverside County (CAP Riverside) administers the federally-funded Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), which provides utility payment assistance and weatherization services to low income customers in Riverside County. The utility assistance program is a one-time assistance program that helps low and moderate-income Energy 003individuals and families with utility payment assistance. Funding for the program is provided by the federal LIHEAP (Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program) and the City of Riverside SHARE (Sharing Households Assist Riverside’s Energy). Those receiving utility assistance also receive energy conservation education.

    More information here