How to Get Emergency Food at R’Pantry
You have options:
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can get food?Any student in need can access R'Pantry during walk-in hours or get individualized help by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment.
What happens when I visit?
- First, you sign in at our check-in station with your ID.
- Next, you choose your items. You are allocated 10 "points" to use as currency during your visit. Most items are one point. You may use your points to choose up to eight food items and two personal care items. (Special items such as fresh produce and baby food do not require points.)
- Then, you’ll go to our checkout station where the R’Pantry staff will help you count your points and remind you of workshops and special programs (such as our box top collection program).
You may visit R'Pantry once a week via any of our walk-in hours or by appointment.
How often can I get food at R’Pantry?
When is R’Pantry open?Check facebook.com/ucrpantry for the most up-to-date walk-in hours (including grad-student-only hours).
What exactly is R’Pantry?R’Pantry is the UC Riverside food pantry. It was created as a direct response to student need for more resources to fight food insecurity. Food insecurity is the limited or uncertain availability of nutritionally adequate and safe foods, or the ability to acquire such foods in a socially acceptable manner.
R’ Pantry aims to:
- Provide emergency food to UC Riverside students in need
- Connect students to on- and off-campus food resources
- Improve the health and well-being of students through a variety of programs and workshops
How You Can Help R’Pantry
R'Pantry and its partners greatly appreciate all of the support
of our on- and off-campus community! Here are some ways that you can help:
- If you are interested in volunteering as an individual or as a group, please contact
the R'Pantry staff at a email@example.com
- Common volunteer duties include unpacking large food boxes, stocking and organizing the pantry shelves, breaking down boxes and light cleaning.
Organize a Food Drive
or Donate Items
Costo Hall 110
Definitions of Food Security, United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)
2015 Nutrition Policy Institute (NPI) Survey (administered by the UC’s Office of the President; 759 UCR responses)
2016 University of California Undergraduate Experience Survey (UCES) (5,210 responses)
2016 Graduate Well Being survey (549 UCR responses)